Signed in as:
Signed in as:
1. The Heartbeat of the Knights of the Columbus is Service. The Knights are one the largest charitable organizations in the world. Through a variety of fundraisers throughout the year, the Knights raise financial support for many charities, including the Special Olympics and the Global Wheelchair Mission. The service aspect of the Knights encompasses the Church, Community, Council, Family, Pro-Life, and Youth.
2. The Knights of Columbus Supports the Catholic Church because the order is composed of a fraternity of 1.8 million Catholic Men. From the founding of the Knights of Columbus by Venerable Michael J. McGivney, the Knights have been a foundation of support for the Catholic Church. In recent years, the Knights of Columbus have performed a variety of projects for the Universal Church as well as worked with Bishops of the particular churches here in the United States and in countries where the Knights currently reside.
3. The Knights of Columbus are Pro-Family. Since the traditional family is composed of the husband, wife, and children, the Knights see them as the core, foundation, and fabric for all of society. Although the council meetings are for the members, many councils sponsor activities with the family in mind. It’s a great time to gather together as Catholic Christians and members of the Mystical Body of Christ. Realizing that the youth are an integral part of society, the Knights seek to foster the development of the child from adolescence to adulthood. Asking for the intercession of the Holy Family is at the center of prayer for the Knights when it comes to family life.
4. The Knights of Columbus are strongly and devoutly Pro-Life. Following the teachings of the Catholic Church, they believe that Life begins at conception and ends in natural death. While the Knights are in involved in a plethora of activities locally that foster the Pro-Life movement, they are also major supporters of the March for Life in Washington, D.C., the National Prayer for Life Campaign, the Ultrasound Initiative, and the Culture of Life Fund.
5. The Knights of Columbus are Faithful to the Catholic Church by being obedient to the teachings of the Church, its Bishops and Priests, and showing fidelity to the See of Peter. As faithful Catholics, the Knights foster and develop Vocations to the Priesthood, Religious Life, and Holy Matrimony. Standing with the Catholic Church, the Knights of Columbus also fight for Religious Liberty, which is being threatened here in the United States, but across the globe still to this day.
In these videos, Knights explain what attracted them to the world’s largest Catholic fraternal organization.
• In Jared Zimmerer’s adult years, he found that he lost the sense of brotherhood that he previously had with Catholic men. That’s when he realized the Knights of Columbus offered “a vast amount of opportunities not only for men but for their families to live and grow in the faith together.” WATCH
• When Jeremy Gay learned about the opportunity to join the Knights of Columbus at his parish, the call to be a man of action and to participate in his community was “a natural choice.” WATCH
Share these videos with a Catholic man you know, and let him know that through June 30 he can join the Order for free using promo code MCGIVNEY2020 at kofc.org/join.
"For you were called for freedom, brothers. But do not use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh; rather, serve one another through love. For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” - Galatians 5:13-14
As men of faith, we are called to serve our communities, to make a difference in the lives of those around us. You can do so and make a bigger impact by serving with the Knights of Columbus. You'll help neighbors far and near, from partnering with the Special Olympics to providing warmth for local children who need quality coats for winter. And now through December 31st, practicing Catholic men 18 or older can join for free*. Learn more about this great offer here.
Through love serve one another. Join the Knights today.
Knights of Columbus
*Online Membership only. Annual dues of $30 will apply on Membership Anniversary. Local council dues vary.
Already a member? Click here to opt out of new member marketing emails.
Who are the Knights?
The Knights of Columbus is the world's largest Catholic family fraternal service organization with 1.6 million members. It provides members and their families with volunteer opportunities in service to the Catholic Church, their communities, families and young people.
As a member of the Knights of Columbus you and your family enjoy many benefits, including 12 free issues annually of the Columbia magazine, the world's largest Catholic family magazine, eligibility to join the Knights of Columbus top-ranked life insurance program, and many more family and personal benefits.
There comes a time in the life of most men, when they want to make a difference. They want to do something for those who have not been blessed with a life as fortunate as their own. They want to help their fellow man. Most people are not in the position to effectively do something significant on their own, due to limited time, resources and information. The Knights of Columbus allows the individual to become a part of a fraternity of like-thinking men. It provides the vehicle by which they can make a contribution to good works through the council’s Church Activities, Youth Activities, Family Activities, Community Service and Council Activities.
How To Join
Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to practicing Catholic men in union with the Holy See, who are at least 18 years old. A practicing Catholic is one who lives up to the Commandments of God and the precepts of the Church. Application blanks are available from any member of the Knights of Columbus.
8 Cavanaugh Court, West Chester, Pennsylvania 19382, United States